I don’t know about you, but as much as I love the holiday season, I usually come out of it needing a holiday of my own.
That’s probably why someone invented New Year’s Resolutions.
Here are some things using aromatherapy and essential oils that keep my family and me feeling our best during the most wonderful time of the year.
For a happy tummy after lots of holiday foods and treats
– A blend (or individually) of Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise, Patchouli. You can apply these topically to your abdomen or diffuse.
For extra hydration and cleansing
– Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange. Add therapeutic grade oils that are approved for ingestion to your water or other beverages for an extra boost and to help you drink more liquids and stay hydrated.
For a cooling sensation on your head (which also settles your stomach)
– Peppermint mixed with a carrier oil on your temples
To promote a great nights sleep when the excitement of the season keeps you tossing and turning
– Lavender and Cedarwood. Dilute with a carrier oil and apply on your feet and or spine. I apply it neat and works every time. Many also diffuse it for a couple hours at bedtime.
To get in the Christmas spirit
– Diffuse cinnamon bark, orange and pine oils to avoid the artificial candle headache!